Foundation for Endangered Languages
- If you want to pay by credit card you can use MasterCard,
VISA, Maestro, American Express or JCB. You will pay
in GBP, through WorldPay. This is our preferred method.
Paying in different currencies is always more expensive
both for you and for us.
- If you live in the UK or have a bank account there:
- We recommend you to pay by bank transfer to our UK
- Alternatively you can still use a cheque in GBP for the time
being. It should be payable to the Foundation for
Endangered Languages. Please follow the
instructions on your invoice. This method is less
preferred as it generates a lot of extra
administrative work at our end.
- If you live elsewhere in the EEA (European Economic
Area, i.e. EU and Associated countries), or have a bank
account there, we strongly recommend that you pay by
SEPA Bank Transfer. This is by far the cheapest
method as in most EEA countries there are no or low bank
charges for private transactions. You have to make your
payment in euros. Your invoice will be in GBP, but the
corresponding amount in euros will also be shown on your
- If you live in the US or have a bank account there
You can pay by bank transfer in USD to the Bank of
America account of FEL Inc, our US branch. Please
follow the instructions on your invoice. The amount
due in USD will also be shown there.
- If you live outside the UK, EEA or US and don't have a
- You can make an international bank transfer in
GBP, using the 'our cost' option, i.e. you pay
the costs of the transaction. This method is not
recommended as bank charges for international
transfers tend to be very high.
- We have positive experiences with alternative methods,
such as TransferWise, which can be used to transfer
amounts directly from your into our account from many
countries at a low cost.